Nice Horse on the red carpet at this year’s Canadian Country Music Awards!
• Scott Helman announced his US tour! Tickets can be found here.
• 14 singles, 13 days, 21.5K votes. The #USSXChampion of the #USSXSingleFaceOff is “Yo Hello Hooray (Everyday)” as voted by you!! Take a look at the USS x The Elwins video here. The Bonivsta tour kicks off this month! Get your tickets here. • Justin Nozuka starts his tour with Jill Barber across Canada this month! Make sure to get your tickets here.
• Nice Horseis hitting the road with The Washboard Union! Grab your tickets here. Congratulations to the band for winning Country Recording of the Year for “Mansplanin'” at the YYC Awards! • The Proud Sons are heading out on tour across Western Canada with League of Wolves! Check out the tour dates here.
• Our Lady Peace will be playing a few shows in the US. Get your tickets to the tour now!
• Johnson Crook performed at Americana fest in Nashville! Check out footage from the performance here.
Spotlight: Scott Helman
Scott Helman accepting his gold certification for the single PDA!
Since the May 2017 release of Scott Helman’s full-length album Hôtel De Ville, the four-time JUNO Award nominee has maintained a relentless touring schedule in support of the album and it’s hit singles “Kinda Complicated,” “Ripple Effect” and the gold-certified “PDA.” Beginning with a headlining tour across Canada in the Fall of 2017, Scott then began the new year performing in Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Japan, and Melbourne and Sydney, Australia all before heading to Spain and Italy for multi-artist festival shows.
In the summer of 2018, Scott was invited to open for Vance Joy’s cross-Canada tour dates. Those shows went so well that he was asked to join the entire Vance Joy European tour! Finding his musical influences in album-focused artists like Arcade Fire, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, The Cure, Bon Iver and Paul Simon, Canadian singer-songwriter Scott Helman has established himself as one of the country’s leading young songwriters, earning himself a 2018 JUNO Award nomination as Songwriter of the Year.
In 2014, Scott Helman announced himself to the world with the release of the track “Bungalow” as the
first single from his debut EP Augusta. The song introduced his fresh new voice to the musical landscape
and his versatility led to tours across Canada, playing with Tegan and Sara and Shawn Mendes. Opening for Walk Off The Earth on extensive tours of the U.S. and Europe, Scott stood alone on stage and, night after night, won over audiences and began building an international fan base. In 2015, Scott beat out 11 other artists to be the first to win Spotify Canada’s Emerge program and in January 2016, he topped the Teen Vogue list of voices to look out for that year over the likes of Melanie Martinez and Elle King. By the time Scott went back in to the studio to begin work on Hôtel de Ville he had been nominated for a 2015 MuchMusic Video Award and two 2016 Juno Awards and performed to massive national TV audiences on both award shows. “Bungalow” was certified platinum in Canada and he rang in 2017 with a raucous tribute to Leonard Cohen, performing “Bird On A Wire” in Cohen’s hometown of Montreal in front of 50,000 people and broadcast live on CBC TV.
Scott kicks off the European leg of the Nation of Two tour with Vance Joy on October 25th in Madrid and will be performing in the U.S. this winter! You can see all of the dates here.
Throwbacks of the Month
Our artists here at Coalition Music have had some notable releases in their history – here are some throwbacks of the month!
October marks 14 years of Simple Plan’s sophomore album “Still Not Getting Any…”! Click the photo to stream the album!
• Scott Helman’s debut EP “Augusta” was released 4 years ago on October 14th! Stream it here.
• Our Lady Peace’s single Angels/Losing/Sleep was released on October 8th, 2005! Listen to the song here.
• USS’s single Yo Hello Hooray (Everyday) turns 7 on October 11th! Check out the music video here.
• The Tea Party’s 2001 album “The Interzone Mantras” was released on October 16th! Stream it here.
Coalition Music on Spotify
Welcome to ROCKtober. Here is a playlist curated by our staff Kyle and Mitchell worshiping the rock gods of this festive month.